Jackson Adam

Jackson Adam

Monday, February 28, 2011

He's Got The Whole World In His Hands

Jackson finally decided he was going to take a nap today so now I can have a chance to write. The past couple of weeks have been a lot of work. Jackson's doctors are going to perform his first surgery, one of probably many unfortunately. His surgery is scheduled for March 24th, hopefully, unless they change the date on me again. The schedulers says its for sure the 24th now so let's cross our fingers!

We met with the orthopedic surgeon on Friday to finalize the plans for Jackson. Basically, they are going to remove the toes and a good potion of his right foot. This will created a foot that is the right size for him and help him out when it's time for shoes and walking. It sounds like a terrible thing but really it's going to be best for Jackson. At least that's what I keep telling myself over and over when I think about how they are going to remove part of my baby's foot. I think about how every woman I knew that had babies would ask doctor if their baby had all 10 toes and fingers. It makes me laugh now. If you really knew how unimportant those things are for you to have normal life, no one would care to count them.

I am nervous but there is only so much I can do. I've made sure he has the right doctors. I've asked all the questions I could think of and hopefully I've got all the answers I need. If I sat around and thought about all the things that could go wrong I wouldn't accomplish anything besides driving myself crazy. All I can do now is trust. I need to trust that God has it in his hands and I need to lean on Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (King James Version)


 5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths

No comments:

Post a Comment